Hey friends! First and foremost, let’s address the elephant in the room: I haven’t posted anything since the beginning of March…
AND no, I didn’t forget about you. I could come up with a list of lame excuses but honestly, I just didn’t know what to write about.
So what has this exchange blogger been up to?
I am still a law-abiding citizen and I don’t think missing class is worth it to go on a trip, so I’ve tried to work around long weekends and breaks to travel as much as I possibly could:
- March 10th: Day Trip to Bruges & Brussels, Belgium 🇧🇪
- March 23rd to 25th: A Weekend in Cologne, Germany 🇩🇪
- March 30th to April 2nd: Easter Weekend in Paris, France 🇫🇷
- April 13th: Visited the Kinderdijk Windmills in The Netherlands 🇳🇱
- April 16th to 22nd: My boyfriend flew from Canada to visit me! 🇳🇱
I promise mom and dad, I still go to school and eat my (frozen) veggies! But it’d be a huge mistake not to take advantage of travelling as much as I can while living in the Netherlands.
I’ve had my ups, such as :
- miraculously still having money to support myself
- taking FUN workout classes near my gym that kick my butt
- made new friends!!!
- doing a lot better than I thought I did in the classes that I took during the first half of this semester.
I’ve had my downs, such as :
- getting lost while riding my bike (ended up in a different city as opposed to Utrecht city centre)
- falling off my bike (there was a grandma in the way and I thought I could go around her safely. I didn’t hit her, thankfully)
- getting my bike confiscated for a parking violation that cost me €20 (apparently exchange Ana is a delinquent…BUT in my defence, I thought it was okay to park there because there were lots of bikes)
So that made it seem like I have bad luck with bikes but I love riding mine! Believe it or not…
Anyway, I’m happy to be writing again on my blog. I have more adventures planned out so stay tuned!!!